Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Italian Pizza Wrap


Print
I'm always looking for quick, healthy and tasty recipes for lunch.  I tend to get into these habits where I'll find a dish that I love to make for lunch and then after a week or two, I become bored with it.  I find that I need to switch it up often, to make things interesting and keep me excited! 

I love lunches that involve Paninis, quesadillas and wraps.  I like to be creative and come up with different and flavorful ingredients to add to these basic and easy carbohydrate bases!  I recently came across a post by another food blogger, Good Things Catered, on my Google Reader.  It was a picture of what looked to be lavash bread or possibly homemade pita with marinara sauce, cheese and a healthy looking salad on top.  It piqued my interest and immediately came to mind as a yummy lunch entree.  I quickly clicked over to her blog to desperately find this recipe to no avail.

So, when desperation mode kicks in, so does my creativity!  I figured, hey, it can't be that hard to make something similar so I searched my brain for a few ideas and with inspiration from Good Things Catered, I came up with my own version: Italian Pizza Wrap.

YUM.  Yep, that's all I can say and I have been addicted ever since!



Italian Pizza Wrap

Ingredients - Pizza Wrap
1 Lg. Flour Tortilla
2 Tbsp. Marinara or Pizza Sauce
1 cup Mixed Greens
1 handful Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
1 Tbsp. Red Onion, diced
1 Tbsp. Creamy Italian Dressing
2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, crumbled

Creamy Italian Dressing
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/3 cup White Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Corn Syrup
1 Tsp. Vegetable Oil
4 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 clove Garlic, minced
1/2 Tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/2 Tsp. Parsley
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice

Directions
To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk together until a smooth, creamy dressing is formed.  Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

To make wrap, heat the tortilla in the microwave on high for 20 seconds.  Spoon the marinara on the center of the tortilla and spread it out evenly, making sure to leave 1/2" uncovered around the edge.  In a small bowl, combine the mixed greens, tomatoes and onion.  Add the dressing and toss to coat.  Spoon the mixture on top of the marinara and add the cheese.  Carefully fold one end of the tortilla in towards the center and then fold the right side of the tortilla in, pulling all of the ingredients towards you to make the wrap tight and keep the ingredients in tact.  Gently roll the tortilla to make a wrap and serve immediately.


Source: Inspired by Good Things Catered

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

With a Cherry on Top Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice