Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes


Print

Look at those potatoes! They're crunchy, crispy and tender. And really, really good! Just another simple and healthier alternative to the fried potato we Americans love to indulge in! What's not to love?!

My eating addictions come in the form of carbs, starch and cheese. If it's potatoes, pasta, rice or bread.....I'm there. And if it has cheese on it, I'm there even faster and longer! Ahhhh....if only my hips didn't love them so much...I could eat them forever in a day.

But back to reality. While those things are super delish to eat, they're not always the best for us, which is why I like to find alternative methods of making them so when I do indulge, I don't have to feel as bad! These potatoes are definitely a way for me to get my french fry fix. While I love the taste of fries, believe it or not, it's more of a "texture thing" for me when I do have them. I especially love McDonald's fries. They're my favorite...hands-down. My perfect fry is a little crispy on the outside, but super mushy on the inside; almost to a point where you know that they're cooked by the crispiness on the outside, but they're not cooked all the way because they kind of bend or give when you pick them up. And you can bet that I will pick through my entire box of fries to eat those first before finishing the rest. I've even been known to pick them off of others' plates (of people I know, of course)! Ahhh....perfection.

So, these potatoes go a long way in my book because they satisfy my every need of a McDonald's french fry. Amen.

Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes

Ingredients
2 Lg. Idaho Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 1/2 Tsp. Garlic, minced
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
Salt
Pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a med-large bowl, mix together the potatoes and olive oil to coat completely. Mix in garlic and Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Pour potatoes evenly onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 30 minutes and serve immediately.

Yield: 4 Servings
Source: With a Cherry on Top

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

With a Cherry on Top Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice