Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chocolate & Orange Macaroons


Print
I have never made macaroons before.  To be honest, I was a little intimidated by them.  They seem like such a fancy little delectable treat that I surely did not have the skills to make.  Wrong!  I made macaroons today.  I successfully made macaroons today.  I don't know for sure, but I believe, I came across a similar recipe from a cooking magazine of some sort owned by my lovely mother!  Whenever I visit my parents, I always thumb through her latest cooking magazines and grab the recipes that inspire me the most to add to my repetoire.  I must've figured that someday, I would be venturous enough to make macaroons!

As I was planning my weekly menu earlier this week, I was browsing through my collection of dessert recipes contemplating what goody would satisfy my sweet cravings for the week.  Then I came across this recipe and I knew I had found "the one." 

I will be the first person to admit when I'm wrong, so let me just say, I was wrong.  Macaroons are by far one of the easiest desserts I have ever made and this version is one of the tastiest I have ever had!  While baking, the house filled with the aroma of sweetness and oranges!  When they came out, they were perfect little coconut puff balls, crispy on the outside and chew in the middle.  The combination of orange and chocolate was enough to put me over the edge.  Seriously....you gotta try these!

Chocolate & Orange Macaroons
Print This Recipe

Ingredients
2 cups Sweetened Coconut Flakes
2/3 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Flour
1 Tsp. Orange Zest
1/8 Tsp. Salt
2 Egg Whites
2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, melted
1/4 Tsp. Almond Extract
1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In a large bowl, whisk together coconut, sugar, flour, zest and salt.  Stir in egg whites, butter and almond extract.  Fold in chocolate chips.

On parchment lined baking sheets, place rounded tablespoon-sized balls of dough approximately 2" apart.  Bake for 20 minutes or until they are firm to the touch and lightly browned on the bottom.  Let cool before serving.  - Gently roll the balls of dough for a more uniform shape.

Makes approximately 20 cookies.

Source: With a Cherry on Top

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

With a Cherry on Top Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice