Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies


Print

I'm not really into blondes....I prefer my guys with dark hair.  But when you're talking desserts, you can give me blondes all.day.long.  Blondies that is!  I mean, really, who doesn't love a good blondie every now and then?!  It's like a vanilla version of a brownie but usually more cookie-like and all dressed up with goodies inside.  This one, especially, is going out on the town with chocolate and butterscotch chips....YUM!

I just saw this recipe not all that long ago over on Leslie Sarna's blog, which by the way, if you've never ventured over there, you should check it out!  Not only is she absolutely charming and adorable, she's a vegetarian, but she's my kind of vegetarian!  If ever there is a day that I turn meatless, she is one that I will be following quite closely.  And if ever there is a time when I'd rather have a meatless meal, she is the one I turn to.  She's my kind of vegetarian because she uses, what I like to call, real food.  Not any of that soy/tofu crap.  I'm sure it's not bad but I just can't bring myself to do it.  Not yet at least!  She makes vegetarian meals look and sound great and uses regular, everday ingredients like me, but boosts up the lack of protein through veggies, beans, etc.

Anywho, back to the blondies.....she recently posted about these and I have not been able to get them out of my mind!  I don't know why because butterscotch is not one of my favorite things.  It's one of those flavors where I can usually take it or leave it - I usually leave it.  But seriously people, don't leave it!  Don't leave it at all.  These babies actually need it!  I didn't put as much in as she did but it's just enough for little bits of butterscotchy goodness.  And with the chocolate.....OH.MY.GOSH!!!


Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies

Ingredients
1 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 cups Flour
3/4 Tsp. Salt
3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Butterscotch Chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.  Add in the eggs and vanilla; beat until blended.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Mix in the chocolate and butterscotch chips until combined and lightly coated with flour.  Pour half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix on low.  Add in the remaining flour mixture and continue mixing on low until blended together (about 2-3 minutes).
Pour batter into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Yield: 18 Servings
Source: Adapted from Leslie Sarna

1 comments:

ErinsFoodFiles on May 13, 2010 at 11:45 AM said...

Oh yum! I LOVE butterscotch & chocolate!

Post a Comment

 

With a Cherry on Top Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice