Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Beautiful Blogs...Part II


Print

Today is finally the day that I announce my last 7 picks for the Beautiful Blogger Award. After much deliberation and consideration, I have chosen (in no particular order) these beautiful blogs:

9. Love & Olive Oil - The blogging duo of Lyndsay and Taylor are beyond dynamic! Not only are they a super cute couple, but their creativity shines both within and outside of their kitchen with their other creative business outlets: Purr Design and Pattern & Paw!

10. Pennies on a Platter - Nikki's blog is absolutely wonderful! I love everything about it - it's super easy to navigate, it's colorful and aesthetic and her recipes can certainly stand on their own; believe me, they are as scrumptious as they look! I follow several wonderful blogs and while they're all great, I have recently found that there are a select few that are right in tune with my style of cooking and taste...Nikki's is one of them! And you haven't made them yet, you must try this recipe of hers...they are to die for!

11. Sing For Your Supper - I LOVE Amy's blog and an award for cutest header should go to her because it is absolutely adorable and so creative! You should definitely check it out and the cute picture of her little Terrier, Izzy! She is an opera singer by profession and a cook/baker by heart....what a perfect title for a wonderful blog!

12. The Novice Chef - What can't I say about Jessica?! She is hilarious, feisty and a lot of fun (although I've never personally hung out with her, I do get a dose of her personality on What's Cooking, a food board we mutually participate on regularly. Her photos were what inspired me to become a better food photographer! She's not a professional photographer (like most of us) and until recently, used a regular point and shoot camera (like most of us), but her pictures always came out great, so I looked to her for guidance and voila...my pictures have gotten a bit better! Plus, her recipes are delish and definitely a "must-try" if you haven't yet!

13. The Way the Cookie Crumbles - If you have never stopped by Bridget's blog, you should. That's all I'm gonna say! Well, maybe a little more... They say you eat with your eyes first and if that's the case, then I'm super full from staring at Bridget's pictures! The way she captures her food and baked treats is is so vivid and clear and her recipes include some of the most savory ingredients a person could ask for! She is definitely one to follow if you aren't already...I promise, you won't be disappointed!

14. Confections of a Foodie Bride - Shawnda speaks to my heart (and my stomach) when she cooks and posts about them. She makes all the food the I really seem to enjoy, which is why I'm so drawn to her blog - I can be guaranteed that I'll find something to make that I know will not disappoint. I don't think there is any question as to my favorite dish of hers: Mongolian Beef! It's so good and is the only recipe I've found that comes even somewhat close to the Chinese version! I think if you hop on over to the nest and visit the What's Cooking board, you'll find that the consensus is the same....everyone loves this recipe!

15. Pink Parsley - I don't know how she does it, but Josie has a way of making even the most simple meals look decadent! Her recipes are filled with flavor and use unique combinations of ingredients that you don't normally think of on a daily basis. Some of my favorite things of hers include her Wild Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quesadillas, Creamy Chicken Lasagna, and Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes! Mmmmm....I get hungry just thinking about them!

Okay, so you don't really think I could limit it to 15, do you?! NO WAY! There are definitely many more that I would love to talk about and I could go on, and on, and on. Instead, I'll give you just a few more to check out! Here they are....

16. Jenn Cuisine - Seriously? This girl can cook! Jenn has an extraordinary way of taking gourmet up a notch! While her dishes are "mostly gluten free" you would never guess by judging her recipes and "to die for" pictures! Her recent relocation to Switzerland has forced her to become even more creative in the kitchen and let me tell you, it has not stopped her one bit....she is a force to be reckoned with! Look at this dish and tell me it's not heavenly?! Do it. I dare you. I'll let you decide, but for now the jury is out and they're not coming back....Jenn is amazing!!!

17. Proceed With Caution - Yum, yum, yummy. TPOX features a lot of clean eating recipes in her blog and they're all recipes that look and taste delicious! I'm not "technically" a clean eater but I've certainly tossed around the idea of migrating that way just because it's better for you. For me, it's about taking baby steps and she certainly has some great ideas to get me started. But my favorite recipe of hers is her Baked Oatmeal. Wow. It is delicious and is such a versatile recipe that you can change up the fruits to what's in season and it's still so good! She also has a lot of other really inviting recipes - she even makes brussel sprouts look good! You should go and see for yourself!

18. Thrifty Decor Chick - If you're looking to revamp your home on the low (spending that is), Sarah is the girl to follow! Cooking and baking is my first love/hobby but decorating is my second. While we're financially comfortable, there are a lot of things we would like to do with our money and spending it on ridiculously priced items that aren't worth anything in quality is not my idea of fun! I love to be creative and use old items and good finds from elsewhere (CraigsList, garage sales, etc.) and completely give them a makeover to re-design our home! Sarah is brilliant when it comes to that and she shares simple, yet unique, ideas to transform or re-create items for less than $20 (most times). It's amazing what that girl thinks of and if this is something you enjoy as well....you need to follow Sarah!

Okay folks, there you have it! If you'd like to see more beautiful and wonderful blogs, check out my blogroll and you'll get the full she-bang right there!

3 comments:

Ashlee on March 10, 2010 at 9:16 AM said...

You are so incredibly kind! Again, I agree completely with your sentiments about each of these blogs, and read all of them myself! You are most definitely a Beautiful Blogger!

Thrifty Decor Chick on March 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM said...

Thank you so much for this! I so wish I cooked more -- I should check some of these out! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, girl! You're so sweet. I love your blog, too! (Check your email...) :)

Post a Comment

 

With a Cherry on Top Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice