Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cilantro Potato Salad


Print

I'm a sucker for starches (especially potatoes) and I absolutely LOVE cilantro!  Most people either love the herb or hate it, but for me, it's a major love-fest.  So it goes without saying the level of love that I feel when I combine the two together!

Potato salad is one of those dishes that, for some reason, I can only eat during the Spring and Summer months.  I don't know why.  I really have no reason.  That said, it is one of my favorite side dishes to eat (especially at a cookout or family gathering).

As you know, potato salad can be prepared in a variety of ways.  There is the traditional style using mayonnaise and mustard or some using just mustard (or mayonnaise for that matter). Then you have the warm, German style, some made with pesto or even different flavors of vinaigrette.  No matter what, it's deemed as one of those classic summer side dishes and a "must" for any get-together of the sort.

I love this version because it takes the traditional mayo and mustard flavor to another level by adding lots and lots of cilantro and a little bit of lemon!  The flavors are light, so you kind of feel good about eating it (at least I do), but it's just another way of preparing one of those classics we have grown to love!



Cilantro Potato Salad

Ingredients
1 lb. Baby Red Potatoes, quartered
1/3 cup Red Onion, chopped finely
1/3 cup Celery, chopped finely
1 Tsp. Garlic, minced
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 Lemon, juiced
1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
Salt
Pepper

Directions
In a large saucepan, bring potatoes to a boil and cook until tender; drain and let sit until cool.

In a large bowl, mix together the onion,celery, garlic, mayo, mustard and lemon juice. Add in the potatoes and toss to coat. Gently mix in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Chill, covered, for 1 hour before serving.

Yield: 4-6 Servings
Source: Adapted from Grand Temptations

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

With a Cherry on Top Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice